Cosmetic Bonding In Houston, Texas
There are many different types of cosmetic dentistry treatments now available with cosmetic bonding being one of the simplest yet most effective. The process of cosmetic bonding involves the application of a special resin over the top of the teeth, which is then shaped and molded to cover any imperfections and improve the overall appearance of the patient’s teeth. The effect of cosmetic bonding creates a smile that looks healthier, more even and more attractive than before.
What cosmetic issues can bonding be used to address?
Cosmetic bonding can be used to improve various aspects of patient smiles including:
- Covering cracks, chips, and other superficial damage
- Adding thickness to thin teeth or teeth that are set-back from the rest of the arch
- Closing small gaps between the teeth
- Adding height to short or eroded teeth
- Covering stains or discoloration and enhancing the overall color of the teeth
If you are unsure if cosmetic bonding is the best solution to improve your smile, your dental team would be happy to offer their experienced opinion.
How is cosmetic bonding performed?
The procedure for cosmetic bonding is non-invasive, straightforward, and can be completed in just one appointment, making it extremely convenient for busy patients. First, the resin is created in the shade needed to match your existing teeth or improve the color of your entire smile. It is then applied, one tooth at a time, and molded and shaped as needed depending on the type of imperfection you are trying to correct. Although this may sound easy, it is most definitely an art form and you need to ensure that you have an experienced dentist who knows how to create the improvements you desire in such a way that they look natural. Once the resin has been applied and your dentist is happy with the way that it looks, it is hardened using a special curing light. The process is finished by polishing the teeth so that they closely resemble the color and translucency of natural teeth. There is no downtime with this procedure, so you will be able to go back to your usual activities immediately after your appointment.
Advantages of choosing cosmetic bonding
There are several reasons why cosmetic bonding is the preferred cosmetic dentistry solution for many patients:
- The entire process is non-invasive, meaning there is no need for anesthetic or drilling
- Your smile can be enhanced in just one appointment
- Bonding can strengthen the teeth and give your natural tooth enamel an added layer of protection
- Repairs to bonded teeth are simple and straightforward
- Patients are left with an improved smile and teeth that look and feel completely natural
If you are unhappy with the appearance of your teeth and feel that they could be improved using cosmetic bonding, speak to your dental team who will be happy to advise you if you are a suitable candidate for this solution.