Studies have shown that fluoride treatments are highly effective at providing additional protection against tooth decay when it is applied at least twice a year. For this reason, many dentists are now offering fluoride treatments alongside your regular, six-month dental check-ups. It is especially recommended for those patients who are at higher risk of developing cavities.
Am I at increased risk of cavities?
- With poor oral hygiene
- Who use drugs or drink alcohol to excess
- With a particularly poor diet
- Who have weakened dental enamel
- Who suffer from dry mouth
- Who haven’t seen a dentist in a long time
What can I expect to happen during fluoride treatment?
Is there anything else I can do to boost my fluoride intake?
- Food that has been cooked in water (water bath, boiling, etc)
- Fish eaten with their bones
- Seedless raisins
- Grape juice