Pediatric Dentistry In Houston, Texas 77095
An established oral hygiene routine is essential if one is to retain an attractive, functional smile. It is also important for one’s general health since poor oral hygiene and dental problems have been proven to be a contributing factor in the development of a number of medical conditions including diabetes, high blood pressure, heart disease, stroke, and even cancer.
Pediatric dentistry services, offered by your dentist, are invaluable in helping to keep your child’s teeth in the best health possible. Here is what you need to know about pediatric dentistry and what it can do for your little ones.
When Should I Start Taking My Child To The Dentist?
However, by the time your child is two years old, they should be able to sit in the chair for a dental examination.
Many children who are fearful of the dentist have developed their anxiety as a result of a phobia passed down from their parents, or because the environment and process are unfamiliar which is why the sooner you get your little one used to visiting the dentist, the less frightened they are likely to be which can make appointments much easier and more pleasant for everyone involved.
Pediatric Dentistry Services
- Regular appointments for dental check-ups (often family block appointments are available so that you can have all of your children seen at once for added convenience)
- Cavity risk assessments
- Professional cleaning including any fluoride treatments deemed necessary
- Early assessment for potential orthodontic involvement should your child have teeth that are in poor alignment or an over/under/crossbite
- Care and management for gum issues, including impacted teeth that have not erupted as they should
- Assessment for issues such as bruxism (teeth grinding)
- Support with behaviors that affect your child’s dental health, for example, sucking their thumb or using a pacifier
- Support with an eruption of secondary teeth including managing overcrowding and failed eruptions
- General advice on nutrition and proper brushing techniques
For more information on pediatric dentistry services, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.