Smile Makeover In Houston, Texas 77095
Smile makeovers can include a variety of treatment options including:
- Dental veneers
- Composite bonding
- Tooth implants
- Teeth whitening
Patients who are considering any of these options should talk to their dentist about a complete smile makeover. Many dentists can offer overall cost savings when these procedures are grouped into a single treatment plan.
Your dentist will consider a variety of aspects when developing your treatment plan. Some of the things that they consider are your natural skin color, face shape, hair color, tooth factors (shape, length, width, and color), and your lip shape and color.
There are several potential issues that your dentist will be able to help with, but it is important to understand what they can do and what their limitations are.
- Color – Many patients aren’t happy with the whiteness of their teeth. Over time teeth can become stained or discolored. This can be due to dental hygiene, dietary factors, tobacco use, or enamel thickness. Your dentist has a variety of options at their disposal in order to brighten your teeth to a brighter shade of white.
- Alignment or Spacing – Teeth that are unevenly spaced or crooked are a common issue that many people face. You can work with your dentist to identify options to straighten your teeth and correct their spacing. Two options that are frequently used are Invisalign and orthodontics.
- Missing Teeth – Many patients feel self-conscious due to missing teeth, which can occur because of a variety of reasons. Your dentist will be able to replace missing teeth with dental implants, bridges, or partial dentures.
- Balance and Overall Aesthetics – When patients have cracked or uneven teeth, dental work is an option to help restore and improve the overall appearance of your smile. Dentists even have the ability to help recontour an overly gummy smile.
- Fuller Cheeks or Lips – There are some cosmetic surgery options that can help restore your smile to a more youthful appearance including orthodontics or maxillofacial surgeries. You can discuss these options and more with your dentist.
- Tooth Length – Many patients are concerned with the overall length of their teeth. Over time, teeth can wear down from use or damage and restoring tooth length with cosmetic veneers can return your teeth to their previous length and give a more youthful appearance.
- Smile Line – The smile line is the line that the ends of your teeth make from one edge of your smile to the other and ideally, this line follows your lip line to create symmetry which if it doesn’t, your dentist can help to create.
- Tooth Proportions – Scientists have studied the appearance of tooth size and the proportions that are ideal for improving your appearance. Your dentist can help to identify what the proper proportions for you are and what type of work they can do to create the appearance that you want.