Dentures come in handy as an alternative for missing teeth. Also known as ‘fake teeth,’ they help give you a confident smile and improve oral function. Therefore, it is essential to care for them, primarily by keeping them clean. In this blog, we will tell you how to clean your dentures.
How to Care for Your Dentures?
There are many ways to keep your dentures free of any stains. But first, you should take proper care of them by:
- After you eat anything, make sure to remove your dentures and rinse them with water.
- Clean your natural teeth, tongue, and roof of your mouth after removing your dentures. Use a soft-bristled toothbrush to do so.
- Brush your dentures regularly using a soft-bristled toothbrush. Moreover, make sure to avoid abrasive cleansers.
- Soak your dentures overnight in a denture-soaking solution or water, according to your dentist’s advice.
- Before you put dentures back in your mouth, rinse them thoroughly.
- For regular check-ups and professional denture cleanings, visit your dentist.
- After taking your dentures off, scrub their grooves and your gums of any adhesive that you may have used.
- Avoid abrasive cleansers, bleaching agents, whitening toothpaste, and hot water to wash your dentures.
How to Clean Your Dentures?
You should keep your dentures clean, as it is important for your oral health. Not only does it help keep your breath fresh, but it also reduces the risk of bacteria growth and gum infection. But how to clean your denture stains? There are multiple ways to clean your dentures, and these include:
1. Cleaning Dentures with Lemon Juice
Lemon juice can help you remove denture stains since it is acidic and has bleaching properties. This is how to clean your dentures with lemon juice:
- Take a cup of water.
- Squeeze lemon juice into the water.
- Soak your dentures in this solution for up to 40 minutes.
- Take your dentures out of the solution, and use cold water to rinse them.
2. Cleaning Dentures with Vinegar
White vinegar can remove any bacteria as well as plaque buildup from your dentures. This is how to clean dentures with vinegar for effective results:
- Take a cup of vinegar.
- Soak your dentures in vinegar overnight.
- Rub your dentures with a clean, soft-bristled toothbrush to remove all the debris.
Clean Dentures with Baking Soda
The third method is to use baking soda. Not only does it help whiten your teeth, but it effectively cleans your fake teeth as well. Below are three steps on cleaning dentures with baking soda:
- Take a clean, wet toothbrush.
- Put the damp toothbrush in baking soda powder.
- Use the paste that forms to scrub your dentures thoroughly.
Or you can just add small driblets of water to baking soda to make a paste, take it on your toothbrush, and clean your prosthetics.
These were a few tips on taking care of your dentures. Follow them to keep your prosthetics squeaky clean.
Dentures can be beneficial, especially if you have missing teeth. However, unclean dentures can cause problems. Due to this, it is essential to care for them and maintain their cleanliness. When it comes to your oral health, daily cleaning is a must! Therefore, if you want to take any consultation regarding your dentures or want any other dental advice, A Plus Smile Dental is always a call away at (713) 984-4934, or you can schedule an appointment on our website.